Skip to main content

Life is More Fun When You're Involved

Last week in my introduction post I told you that I'd give more information about various clubs on ONU's campus. Because I really only have knowledge on the one's I'm involved in, I figured we'd start there. I'll be linking sites and people's emails in case you want to get involved in these organizations as well!

Chapel Band

This is my second year in the band and I love it more every time. Our role is to provide the worship for chapel services every Thursday at 11. This is nice because it is right on campus, its a small time commitment, and it's an amazing way to just unwind at the end of the week and give the Lord an hour of your time. We can appreciate just how busy each of us are in a week, so the practices are kept to a minimum and are based off of when everyone is available to rehearse.  If you are musically inclined, or even if you aren't, and want a way to get involved in ONU Religious Life I highly recommend Chapel Band. The Music Coordinator is usually always a student, so it makes it more personal, like we're just friends singing together, not like she is instructing us in a classroom. This year the Music Coordinator for ONU Religious Life is Olivia Metzger. You can ask me any questions you might have about Chapel Band, or Olivia can be reached at o-metzger@onu.edu.

Zeta Tau Alpha

Zeta Tau Alpha, or ZTA, is one of the four sororities here on campus. FUN FACT: Zeta Tau Alpha is actually a women's FRATERNITY, so, yes, I am a frat girl.  ZTA has brought me friendships, fun, family, and so much more than I ever could've imagined. Going through formal recruitment was one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who asks. I'm thinking about doing an entire blog post on ZTA, featuring more of my sisters, things we have participated in here at ONU and nationwide, and even cooler fun facts, so let me know if that's something you'd be interested in reading! Our chapter president is Katlyn Brown who is wonderful, if you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or ZTA specifically, she can be reached at k-brown.2@onu.edu

AMA

I'm lumping these two together because they are clubs I've only recently joined and know less about. AMA or the American Marketing Association is one I joined because I'm a Marketing student.  I do know that if you're in Marketing or have any interest in it, this is the place for you. The advisor for this club is a Marketing professor through the Dicke College of Business and has many years experience in Marketing. His name is Professor Ewing, and can be reached at r-ewing@onu.edu should you have any more questions regarding Marketing or AMA.

PRSSA

PRSSA or Public Relations Student Society of America is another club I've recently joined, this time because of my minor. We've hosted many different people from different walks of life within the communications world, and it is always a joy to hear their stories and any advice they have to offer. The President of this club is my fellow ZTA sister, who I know reads this blog because she also took this class, (and cause she's my homie) the wonderful Allie Gellner. Allie actually convinced me to join this club, so major shout out to her. Allie or Dr. Agozzino (Aggie), the advisor of this club, can answer any questions you may have about PRSSA. Allie's email is a-gellner@onu.edu, and Dr. Aggie's email is a-agozzino@onu.edu.


This was a long-winded probably not detailed enough blog about what I am involved in on campus. I hope it gave you a little more insight into what I do when I'm not eating my weight in mediocre campus food or filling up notebooks with lecture notes. My hope for this year is that I can get even more involved on campus. Comment down below what things you're involved in on campus, and of course contact any of the people, or myself at s-prince@onu.edu if you would like more information on any of the organizations I've mentioned today. This post was a bit more serious than I usually do, but I hope you still found it interesting! Also, let me know if you would like to see an entire blog post featuring the ZTA chapter on this campus.

New blogs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so keep watching out for those! You can subscribe so you get an email every time I post a blog by scrolling down to the bottom of my blog page and putting your email in, it's as easy as that! As always, thanks so much for reading, any and all feedback is loved and accepted, and I hope you find something to laugh about today!

Comments

  1. Sierra:

    I'm so happy you have decided to join PRSSA! It as an amazing organization with endless opportunities for professional development. I can't wait to see how you grow into the organization and hopefully, become a future leader. I am very proud of all of your accomplishments and involvement in student organizations on campus. Can't wait to read your next post. Keep up the great work!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's great how involved you are on campus! I love to see other women here at ONU that are involved with Greek Life (I'm a Delta Zeta, myself) and it sounds like you love it as much as I do! Also, I just recently switched my major to Public Relations, so I'm really happy that you posted about PRSSA! I am seriously considering joining as soon as my busy schedule calms down a little. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things

If you've never bought in to anything I've said on this platform, or any platform for that matter, please try and dissolve what I'm about to say.

I'm full of insecurities, always have been. My face is too round. My love handles poke out. Arms are so flabby I could probably fly away. Acne comes and goes and reminds me that I have pores, too. Sometimes my eyebrows look more like stepsisters than twins. Bigfoot and I could share shoes. The mole on my nose isn't always a welcome decoration. Scars from past accidents cover my legs and bring back the memories of learning how to ride a bike. Most days my curls resemble an unruly afro, not the cute kind of Shirley Temple curls I once had.

Lately, my insecurities have consumed me. Every time I looked in the mirror, a frown followed. I tugged and poked at my body for hours. But today, today I woke up and felt new. I was a different person. The person in the mirror was happy, glowing, beautiful. My hair twisted and turned jus…

Planning my Funeral

No, the title is not clickbait, and yes, it is true. Hear me out. I'm not suicidal. I'm not terminally ill, that I know of. But I do know that days are limited here on this precious planet we call home and I've become increasingly aware of that.

I got to thinking a few days ago about my own funeral. Funerals are typically sad situations, and for good reason, yes. But I don't want my funeral to be sad. I'm only nineteen and haven't written a will, and while I don't plan on it any time soon, this is my unofficial, official will. Although, a bit differently. You see, I don't want to tell you what I leave to everyone in my life, I want to tell you what I hope I've left behind. And I want to tell you how I want my celebration of life to be.

First of all, I hope my life had purpose. I don't care what, and not really how either, but I hope I left a legacy. I hope everyone who knew me knew that all I ever wanted was to make them laugh, or smile. I hope …

Rush Rho Gam

Two sorority posts back to back, who am I???

Last week on campus we finished up a week of formal recruitment. This year instead of being involved with normal recruitment, I served as a Rho Gamma for my chapter. Being a Rho Gamma means that you de-affiliate from your chapter. During this time I wasn't allowed to wear any letters, affiliated merchandise, or tell people who didn't already know, which chapter I was in. I couldn't also be seen in public with a lot of my friends who were affiliated members, which was the most difficult part.
As a Rho Gamma you get paired up with a floor in one of the residence halls, and help guide the girls on that floor through formal recruitment. I had the honor of having the floor I lived in my freshman year, which was extremely nostalgic and rewarding for me. Every week we would have meetings with these girls, and walk them to rounds on campus, gradually getting to know them and love them. This part of the experience was simultaneously easy…