Scary Google Search Results

This week in class we started a new book by Jason McDonald titled "Social Media Marketing Workbook: How to Use Social Media for Business." I'm already excited for this book because all within the first chapter the author talks about how social media is essentially like throwing a party, he displayed pictures of memes, and Richard Simmons' Facebook page.

In Chapter 1, Jason McDonald says if you know the question, you can Google the answer. I especially love this part because I adore Google. I use it for everything. It is probably unhealthy the amount of times I Google per day.

This got me thinking of a potentially good blog post when I tried looking up "what to do after you tie dye" and instead I got some interesting results. So today I'm going to be googling random questions and seeing what the most popular searches are!











Exhibit A: We have some genuine life concerns, and then something about Pokemon. Nothing too alarming yet so that's comforting.








Exhibit B: Netlfix, good. Drugs, bad. Netflix with friends, great.

















Exhibit C: If YOU'RE bored, perhaps you should try reading a grammar book and then you will know that it is Y-O-U-APOSTROPHE-R-E. Also, why is every search about Pokemon?











Exhibit D: More genuine life problems that need solved, more Pokemon concerns and one result that's only slightly concerning. To answer this though one must know if you are trying to get away with committing murder, or are you trying to run away with someone who is a murderer? Either is disturbing, and honestly, if you have to Google the answer, perhaps that's a good thing.







Today I learned the Google search bar can be a blessing or a really scary place you never want to go back to, and people really don't know how to play Pokemon Go. I hope this post made you laugh, it made me laugh! Thanks always for reading, show it some love and I truly, truly hope you find something to laugh about today!

Comments

  1. I don't know, Sierra... I think that Google "remembers" your previous searches. So, if you were using your own device, perhaps those Google guesses reveal more than you want known. And if you were using a school computer, for goodness sakes, don't marry the guy who was on just prior to you.
    But, seriously, I DID laugh, and I've asked Google questions, too, and am amazed with what some folks might find important or interesting. Keep blogging! ✍️️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't remember Googling anything of the sorts before this post, but you do make a good point! Thanks for reading and supporting me, Mrs. Holloway!

      Delete
  2. I really like this idea because it is so relevant. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten interesting search suggestions when I'm looking for something. Your post brought a smile to my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy isn't it??? It's amazing what some people choose to look up! Thank you, I'm happy I could help!

      Delete
  3. This post had me laughing the whole time! Great topic with even better commentary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, Xan! Thanks so much for reading and giving me some feedback!

      Delete
  4. Awh Sierra, this is a great post and it definitely made me laugh.You did a great job of tying a lesson from the book with something funny and interesting to read. Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! That was the goal. Thanks for reading Shannon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts