Skip to main content

Social Media Tips for Everyone

This week in class we finished up the book I've been telling you guys about, "The Art of Social Media" by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick. This book was one of the best books I've ever been required to read for a class, and if you're a social media noob like me you'll probably resonate with a good portion of it. However, there are a lot of things I learned that I definitely will be using in my (hopefully) future career in social media. This book taught me that there is an actual science behind social media, believe it or not, and it is not just a free for all.

Here are some social media tips I think everyone can learn from this book:

1. Promote but don't overshare.

2. Hashtag your posts, honey.

3. PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES. Always use pictures.

4. ALWAYS keep it classy.

5. If you're bored, they're bored.

6. Sell yourself but don't buy followers.

7. Use your posts to tell a story

8. Limit the selfies, ladies.

9. Be your biggest fan. If you don't enjoy your own content no one else will either.

10. HAVE FUN. Social media is all about you, obviously. Be who you want, share what you want just as long as you're enjoying it (and you're being nice, that's also important.)

Thanks always for reading and supporting me! We're done with this book, and next week we'll start another one together. Subscribe to this blog if you feel so inclined, leave comments with your favorite social media down below, I'm curious! Have a wonderful weekend, I hope you can find something to laugh about today!



Comments

  1. I totally agree with your 'top10' and thats exactly the reason I didn't enjoy reading the book too much. Yes, I learned some convenient tricks, but I was hoping for more information. The fact that you can sum up the book in ten steps like that says a lot for me.
    You really seemed to enjoy reading it, according to your blog. What was it you liked so good about it, what made it different(and better) from other readings?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things

If you've never bought in to anything I've said on this platform, or any platform for that matter, please try and dissolve what I'm about to say.

I'm full of insecurities, always have been. My face is too round. My love handles poke out. Arms are so flabby I could probably fly away. Acne comes and goes and reminds me that I have pores, too. Sometimes my eyebrows look more like stepsisters than twins. Bigfoot and I could share shoes. The mole on my nose isn't always a welcome decoration. Scars from past accidents cover my legs and bring back the memories of learning how to ride a bike. Most days my curls resemble an unruly afro, not the cute kind of Shirley Temple curls I once had.

Lately, my insecurities have consumed me. Every time I looked in the mirror, a frown followed. I tugged and poked at my body for hours. But today, today I woke up and felt new. I was a different person. The person in the mirror was happy, glowing, beautiful. My hair twisted and turned jus…

Planning my Funeral

No, the title is not clickbait, and yes, it is true. Hear me out. I'm not suicidal. I'm not terminally ill, that I know of. But I do know that days are limited here on this precious planet we call home and I've become increasingly aware of that.

I got to thinking a few days ago about my own funeral. Funerals are typically sad situations, and for good reason, yes. But I don't want my funeral to be sad. I'm only nineteen and haven't written a will, and while I don't plan on it any time soon, this is my unofficial, official will. Although, a bit differently. You see, I don't want to tell you what I leave to everyone in my life, I want to tell you what I hope I've left behind. And I want to tell you how I want my celebration of life to be.

First of all, I hope my life had purpose. I don't care what, and not really how either, but I hope I left a legacy. I hope everyone who knew me knew that all I ever wanted was to make them laugh, or smile. I hope …

My Dating Profile

I think it's about time I use my blog to find love, don't you think? Last year I wrote about my top tinder tips (I've linked the blog post in case you're just absolutely DYING to go read more about that) and I think another dating app/profile blog post is long overdue. I have had my fair share of editing, critiquing, and looking at dating profiles, and finding out what works and what doesn't, and I figured the best way to tell you is to show you. I'm going to take you on a tour of MY dating profile, well what it would look like if I had one.




Name: Sierra McKinzy Prince (but you can call me Fresh Prince)

Age: 19, but about to beat teen pregnancy

Celebrity look-a-like: Queen Latifah

Likes: Long naps, tight hugs, seafood (Swedish Fish), Hamilton: An American Musical, tweeting an excessive amount until I physically lose followers, deep conversations about life

Dislikes: the entire premise of the American education system, when a good song comes on in the car right when …