Skip to main content

Types of People on Social Media

I have been using social media for a pretty good chunk of my life now, as my Timehop so kindly reminds me of every morning. I've learned a fair amount about the do's and don'ts as far as social media goes. Now, everyone's account is different and some of these things may work for people, but I've found that they just really, truly, and honestly annoy me.  Chapter 10 of "The Art of Social Media" by Guy Kawasaki lists a few things that people on social media should try to avoid doing. Some of these are announcing when people unfollow you and then asking why, buying followers, swearing, and constantly asking people to follow you. So, I present to you some of the types of people on social media that annoy me. I've probably done all of these myself, so please don't take offense to any of them! 

1. Double Trouble

People who post multiple photos in a row on Instagram. Like ten all right in a row. Just like, one a day keeps the doctor away, cool? Take that to Facebook please.

2. The Promoter

YouTubers are very guilty of this one. Often their platforms are just constant streams of them promoting their recent video, or their new book, or a $30 tshirt that i still can't believe someone seriously will buy just because they are OBSEEEESSEDDD. #SorryBroImTooPoor4Dat

3. The Ranter

Angry Facebook moms who take to Facebook to get all of their frustrations out. Yes, I understand that Billy's teacher is an *insert expletive* but all 342 of your closest Facebook friends don't need to know about it, okay?

4. The Repeat Offender

THIS. THIS ONE REALLY GETS ME. People who post a Snapchat on their story AND send it to you personally, and probably half of their contact list for that matter. Can someone please explain why??? I just don't understand it!!!!!!

5. The Puppy Filter

Let me explain. I don't hate the puppy filter on Snapchat. I hate when people make videos on Snapchat while using the puppy filter. NO ONE CAN HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING OVER THAT OBNOXIOUS TONGUE SLURPING NOISE. Cool story bro, didn't hear a single word of it. I do love a good complexion clearing filter though so the pup can stay.


Those are just a few things that annoy me on social media, I could probably come up with a part 2 so let me know if that's something you would want to see! Just a little light-hearted Friday fun for ya, hopefully it made you laugh! Thank you always for supporting me and helping me surpass 100 views on my last blog, that's incredible!! Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you find something to laugh about today!


Comments

  1. I'm a repeat offender...I just thought you'd want to see my interesting life events for 20 seconds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only types of repeat offenders I accept are those who repeatedly read my blog posts haha!

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I'm technically a repeat offender because I don't put things on my stories but I do send group snaps all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Group snaps are technically okay because no one knows that they're group snaps ;)

      Delete
  3. The ranter is definitely one I know well. Once my aunt posted about her son (my cousin) and was ranting and saying some not so nice things about a certain situation. Problem was, my cousin has a Facebook too and saw the post. Not only did it make the whole situation worse, it made me feel uncomfortable because no one really needs to know all those details, especially NOT on Facebook. I also don't enjoy relatives constantly posting that they love me on my photos or status updates. Old people need to learn social media etiquette! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't understand why some adults don't have a filter? Why would you want everyone knowing all about your business anyway? Maybe we should teach a social media for adults class or something haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things

If you've never bought in to anything I've said on this platform, or any platform for that matter, please try and dissolve what I'm about to say.

I'm full of insecurities, always have been. My face is too round. My love handles poke out. Arms are so flabby I could probably fly away. Acne comes and goes and reminds me that I have pores, too. Sometimes my eyebrows look more like stepsisters than twins. Bigfoot and I could share shoes. The mole on my nose isn't always a welcome decoration. Scars from past accidents cover my legs and bring back the memories of learning how to ride a bike. Most days my curls resemble an unruly afro, not the cute kind of Shirley Temple curls I once had.

Lately, my insecurities have consumed me. Every time I looked in the mirror, a frown followed. I tugged and poked at my body for hours. But today, today I woke up and felt new. I was a different person. The person in the mirror was happy, glowing, beautiful. My hair twisted and turned jus…

Planning my Funeral

No, the title is not clickbait, and yes, it is true. Hear me out. I'm not suicidal. I'm not terminally ill, that I know of. But I do know that days are limited here on this precious planet we call home and I've become increasingly aware of that.

I got to thinking a few days ago about my own funeral. Funerals are typically sad situations, and for good reason, yes. But I don't want my funeral to be sad. I'm only nineteen and haven't written a will, and while I don't plan on it any time soon, this is my unofficial, official will. Although, a bit differently. You see, I don't want to tell you what I leave to everyone in my life, I want to tell you what I hope I've left behind. And I want to tell you how I want my celebration of life to be.

First of all, I hope my life had purpose. I don't care what, and not really how either, but I hope I left a legacy. I hope everyone who knew me knew that all I ever wanted was to make them laugh, or smile. I hope …

Rush Rho Gam

Two sorority posts back to back, who am I???

Last week on campus we finished up a week of formal recruitment. This year instead of being involved with normal recruitment, I served as a Rho Gamma for my chapter. Being a Rho Gamma means that you de-affiliate from your chapter. During this time I wasn't allowed to wear any letters, affiliated merchandise, or tell people who didn't already know, which chapter I was in. I couldn't also be seen in public with a lot of my friends who were affiliated members, which was the most difficult part.
As a Rho Gamma you get paired up with a floor in one of the residence halls, and help guide the girls on that floor through formal recruitment. I had the honor of having the floor I lived in my freshman year, which was extremely nostalgic and rewarding for me. Every week we would have meetings with these girls, and walk them to rounds on campus, gradually getting to know them and love them. This part of the experience was simultaneously easy…