Skip to main content

How-To: Hard Whip

For this week's social media post we had to make a How-To video for YouTube. I decided to make a video showing everyone how I do my signature dance move, the hard whip. To some it may look like your average everyday whip, but that is just not the case. The name implies it's meaning, you do it with much more force and assertiveness. So go on over to my YouTube channel and watch my video, I know you're going to love it! I'll go through the steps on my blog too, just in case you'd like to print out this post and take it around with you so you always have the instructions at hand.

1. Stretch it out

I may or may not have been sore the day after I first tried this move, so I highly recommend stretching before performing this high-intensity dance.

2. Find a song

It's a common misconception that you can only whip to the song "Watch Me" by Silento, but I'm here to bust that myth. All you need is a good beat you can follow and you'll be whipping in no time!

3. Practice makes perfect

The whip is fun, sure, but the hard whip is even better. The key is to do it with more force so the leg you land on is stomping the ground. If you can feel the room shake you're doing it correctly! Go ahead and give it a few tries, it might seem unnecessary at first, but eventually you'll start to feel more comfortable.


4. Jam out

You're finally ready to hard whip! Put on your favorite jam, grab some friends
and start hard whipping! And don't worry about those pesky downstairs neighbors of yours, they'll be joining in soon enough.

Thank you for reading this blog, go check out the corresponding video if you haven't yet! I would love if you tweeted me videos of you trying the hard whip (@sierramckinzy). Have a wonderful day and keep hard whipping!


Comments

  1. I don't dance, but, if I did, it would be the hard whip, to be sure. Do you think Mozart would be a good choice of music??? 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Critical information that I will definitely need today, the Friday of it all. Hard whipping TGIF !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a very talented dancer. I admire your skill and courage to put this video up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great Sierra! Your video is hilarious and very informative. I appreciate your good sense of humor and I think I'm a better "whipper" now thanks to you. ("whipper" is definitely not a word haha)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things

If you've never bought in to anything I've said on this platform, or any platform for that matter, please try and dissolve what I'm about to say.

I'm full of insecurities, always have been. My face is too round. My love handles poke out. Arms are so flabby I could probably fly away. Acne comes and goes and reminds me that I have pores, too. Sometimes my eyebrows look more like stepsisters than twins. Bigfoot and I could share shoes. The mole on my nose isn't always a welcome decoration. Scars from past accidents cover my legs and bring back the memories of learning how to ride a bike. Most days my curls resemble an unruly afro, not the cute kind of Shirley Temple curls I once had.

Lately, my insecurities have consumed me. Every time I looked in the mirror, a frown followed. I tugged and poked at my body for hours. But today, today I woke up and felt new. I was a different person. The person in the mirror was happy, glowing, beautiful. My hair twisted and turned jus…

Planning my Funeral

No, the title is not clickbait, and yes, it is true. Hear me out. I'm not suicidal. I'm not terminally ill, that I know of. But I do know that days are limited here on this precious planet we call home and I've become increasingly aware of that.

I got to thinking a few days ago about my own funeral. Funerals are typically sad situations, and for good reason, yes. But I don't want my funeral to be sad. I'm only nineteen and haven't written a will, and while I don't plan on it any time soon, this is my unofficial, official will. Although, a bit differently. You see, I don't want to tell you what I leave to everyone in my life, I want to tell you what I hope I've left behind. And I want to tell you how I want my celebration of life to be.

First of all, I hope my life had purpose. I don't care what, and not really how either, but I hope I left a legacy. I hope everyone who knew me knew that all I ever wanted was to make them laugh, or smile. I hope …

Rush Rho Gam

Two sorority posts back to back, who am I???

Last week on campus we finished up a week of formal recruitment. This year instead of being involved with normal recruitment, I served as a Rho Gamma for my chapter. Being a Rho Gamma means that you de-affiliate from your chapter. During this time I wasn't allowed to wear any letters, affiliated merchandise, or tell people who didn't already know, which chapter I was in. I couldn't also be seen in public with a lot of my friends who were affiliated members, which was the most difficult part.
As a Rho Gamma you get paired up with a floor in one of the residence halls, and help guide the girls on that floor through formal recruitment. I had the honor of having the floor I lived in my freshman year, which was extremely nostalgic and rewarding for me. Every week we would have meetings with these girls, and walk them to rounds on campus, gradually getting to know them and love them. This part of the experience was simultaneously easy…