Skip to main content

ONU vs OU

Sheridan and I at OU this past weekend
This past weekend I visited my best friend Sheridan at Ohio University in Athens. Sheridan went to school at ONU last year and transferred to OU this semester. When I say these schools are completely different, that is an understatement. With Sheridan's expertise of both schools, we've come up with a list we think are the biggest differences between the two Ohio schools.

1. The Town

The only thing Ada and Athens have in common is their first initial. Athens is like NYC and Ada is like we're-not-in-Kansas-anymore-Toto. Athens is a like piece of artwork and Ada is like a giant corn maze. Athens is the hidden gem of Ohio and Ada is just hidden.

2. The Hills

OU's hills are nothing to joke about. As if I wasn't convinced that OU wasn't for me before, the hike up OU's hills definitely did it for me. I love my flatter than anything rural Ohio.

3. The Bookstore

OU has these amazing $6.60 T-shirts in its bookstore and you already know I bought two of them! ONU, please get with the program. It's really hard to show my polar bear pride when all of my money is going to tuition here, I cannot afford a $25 T-shirt.

4. The Food Options

ONU has like, none. I didn't taste the on-campus options at OU but I have a strong inclination that they're better than the kind of crap they serve us here. Not to mention there is a Chipotle and Wendy's right on OU's campus, and at ONU you have to drive at least 20 minutes for either of those things.

5. The People

The number of people you know while walking to class on campus is incredible. You can't find that at a big school. This sometimes means that it can feel like high school again, but honestly I love walking to class and seeing so many familiar faces, it makes it feel like home.


I am and always will be a Polar Bear. I love this school and everyone I've met here. OU is wonderful, but ONU is my second home. Ada might be a diamond among the corn or the armpit of Ohio, but I will always love it. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I loved writing it. Have a wonderful day and I hope you can find something to laugh about today! 

Comments

  1. Love your humor when you write. You think out of the box. Good insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Miss Debbie! That means a lot!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things

If you've never bought in to anything I've said on this platform, or any platform for that matter, please try and dissolve what I'm about to say.

I'm full of insecurities, always have been. My face is too round. My love handles poke out. Arms are so flabby I could probably fly away. Acne comes and goes and reminds me that I have pores, too. Sometimes my eyebrows look more like stepsisters than twins. Bigfoot and I could share shoes. The mole on my nose isn't always a welcome decoration. Scars from past accidents cover my legs and bring back the memories of learning how to ride a bike. Most days my curls resemble an unruly afro, not the cute kind of Shirley Temple curls I once had.

Lately, my insecurities have consumed me. Every time I looked in the mirror, a frown followed. I tugged and poked at my body for hours. But today, today I woke up and felt new. I was a different person. The person in the mirror was happy, glowing, beautiful. My hair twisted and turned jus…

Planning my Funeral

No, the title is not clickbait, and yes, it is true. Hear me out. I'm not suicidal. I'm not terminally ill, that I know of. But I do know that days are limited here on this precious planet we call home and I've become increasingly aware of that.

I got to thinking a few days ago about my own funeral. Funerals are typically sad situations, and for good reason, yes. But I don't want my funeral to be sad. I'm only nineteen and haven't written a will, and while I don't plan on it any time soon, this is my unofficial, official will. Although, a bit differently. You see, I don't want to tell you what I leave to everyone in my life, I want to tell you what I hope I've left behind. And I want to tell you how I want my celebration of life to be.

First of all, I hope my life had purpose. I don't care what, and not really how either, but I hope I left a legacy. I hope everyone who knew me knew that all I ever wanted was to make them laugh, or smile. I hope …

Rush Rho Gam

Two sorority posts back to back, who am I???

Last week on campus we finished up a week of formal recruitment. This year instead of being involved with normal recruitment, I served as a Rho Gamma for my chapter. Being a Rho Gamma means that you de-affiliate from your chapter. During this time I wasn't allowed to wear any letters, affiliated merchandise, or tell people who didn't already know, which chapter I was in. I couldn't also be seen in public with a lot of my friends who were affiliated members, which was the most difficult part.
As a Rho Gamma you get paired up with a floor in one of the residence halls, and help guide the girls on that floor through formal recruitment. I had the honor of having the floor I lived in my freshman year, which was extremely nostalgic and rewarding for me. Every week we would have meetings with these girls, and walk them to rounds on campus, gradually getting to know them and love them. This part of the experience was simultaneously easy…