Skip to main content

Reacting to Pinterest Searches

This week in the Social Media Marketing Workbook by Jason McDonald we're talking Pinterest. If there is one thing I know about Pinterest, it's that I don't know anything about Pinterest. As a social-media loving sorority girl in the 21st century this is probably shocking. Also, this book says Pinterest is aimed at the female demographic who love to online shop and if you know me, you know I have an online shopping addiction. In my defense, I live in the middle of a corn field and it's so much easier to purchase online than drive 20 miles any which way to go shopping. Anyway, I have tried multiple times to set up a Pinterest and I just cannot get into it. It definitely would've helped when it came time to craft for my little this year, but somehow I managed without.

For today's post I thought we could have some fun, or maybe this won't be fun or entertaining at all in which case I am so sorry. I thought I might try to search some random things on Pinterest and just see what comes up. Maybe I'll react to it (definitely) and maybe I'll attempt it (unlikely). Without further a do, let's get started!

Naturally, the first thing I searched  was "pizza", but I didn't want any recipes so I also typed in "crafts". I'm still learning how to do this Pinterest thing, okay.





I found this picture. In case you're confused, don't worry so was I. This is a green pepper being used as a stamp, because it would make a "cute bulletin board" to use fresh vegetables as stamps. UM, NO. Fresh vegetables are used to eat, not to put paint on. When I have children they will use their imaginations to play, not my fresh cut broccoli.








In light of the recent election, I found my new favorite shirt on Pinterest. PLUS, it's on sale for $24.99!
















Next up is obviously, Tori Kelly. I wanted to see what kind of art edits there were of her lyrics, because they're just so GOOD. I found this one I really love because it is so artsy, it has a beautiful picture of her and has one of my favorite lines of her lyrics from her song "Unbreakable Smile".








I think that is enough Pinterest for me for one day. Thanks a million for reading! I hope you enjoyed and maybe you even learned something, I know I did. I hope you have a wonderful day, go listen to some Tori Kelly, I promise you will not regret it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things

If you've never bought in to anything I've said on this platform, or any platform for that matter, please try and dissolve what I'm about to say.

I'm full of insecurities, always have been. My face is too round. My love handles poke out. Arms are so flabby I could probably fly away. Acne comes and goes and reminds me that I have pores, too. Sometimes my eyebrows look more like stepsisters than twins. Bigfoot and I could share shoes. The mole on my nose isn't always a welcome decoration. Scars from past accidents cover my legs and bring back the memories of learning how to ride a bike. Most days my curls resemble an unruly afro, not the cute kind of Shirley Temple curls I once had.

Lately, my insecurities have consumed me. Every time I looked in the mirror, a frown followed. I tugged and poked at my body for hours. But today, today I woke up and felt new. I was a different person. The person in the mirror was happy, glowing, beautiful. My hair twisted and turned jus…

Planning my Funeral

No, the title is not clickbait, and yes, it is true. Hear me out. I'm not suicidal. I'm not terminally ill, that I know of. But I do know that days are limited here on this precious planet we call home and I've become increasingly aware of that.

I got to thinking a few days ago about my own funeral. Funerals are typically sad situations, and for good reason, yes. But I don't want my funeral to be sad. I'm only nineteen and haven't written a will, and while I don't plan on it any time soon, this is my unofficial, official will. Although, a bit differently. You see, I don't want to tell you what I leave to everyone in my life, I want to tell you what I hope I've left behind. And I want to tell you how I want my celebration of life to be.

First of all, I hope my life had purpose. I don't care what, and not really how either, but I hope I left a legacy. I hope everyone who knew me knew that all I ever wanted was to make them laugh, or smile. I hope …

My Dating Profile

I think it's about time I use my blog to find love, don't you think? Last year I wrote about my top tinder tips (I've linked the blog post in case you're just absolutely DYING to go read more about that) and I think another dating app/profile blog post is long overdue. I have had my fair share of editing, critiquing, and looking at dating profiles, and finding out what works and what doesn't, and I figured the best way to tell you is to show you. I'm going to take you on a tour of MY dating profile, well what it would look like if I had one.




Name: Sierra McKinzy Prince (but you can call me Fresh Prince)

Age: 19, but about to beat teen pregnancy

Celebrity look-a-like: Queen Latifah

Likes: Long naps, tight hugs, seafood (Swedish Fish), Hamilton: An American Musical, tweeting an excessive amount until I physically lose followers, deep conversations about life

Dislikes: the entire premise of the American education system, when a good song comes on in the car right when …