Skip to main content

Types of Professors

As a college student, I've already encountered a number of different kinds of professors. Some are funny (or so they think), some love canceling class, and others hate it. For today's post I thought I'd give you a few of the kinds of teachers I've encountered over the years.

The "Mystery Grader"

These are the teachers who grade your assignments, put them online for you to see your grade, but never pass them back for you to understand why you got a certain grade. Obviously they invite you to shoot them a quick email or come to their office to see your grade, but why isn't simply passing them out in class ever an option?

The "Dad Joke"

Everyone loves a good dad joke, especially these teachers. They make jokes that you can't help but laugh at because they're just so incredibly awful.

The "Don't Pack Up Yet"

This is the guy who teaches right up until the "bell". They'll be out of everything to say, have completely exhausted themselves but then will pull the "don't pack up yet, we still have 28 seconds of class left." IT IS A FRIDAY PLEASE LET US LEAVE.

The "Canceler"

This professor is a God-send, honestly. They know it's Friday before Fall Break and no one wants to be there, so they CANCEL class. It's like they went to college once and know exactly how we feel, what a concept.

The "Everything Bagel"

These teachers just seem to do it all. They teach you well and you actually learn. They want to help each and every student while balancing their home life and five million other things. They're just all around great people that don't get enough credit. I hope all of the "everything bagels" I've had in my life know I appreciate everything they've ever done to help me succeed.


I hope that you enjoyed this post, and maybe you can relate to any of these! I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well, back to that Monday grind. Go make someone's day!



Comments

  1. You blog continues to make me laugh week after week! I can totally relate to all of these professors. My favorite is for sure "The Everything Bagel" and I am lucky to say this is a common theme in the communication departments at ONU! Keep up the good work Sierra, I hope you continue writing after this class is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you to say, Tori! Thank you so much! I have had many "everything bagels" in my life, and definitely here at ONU. I appreciate your support!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! I look forward to reading what your topic is each time because I know it's going to make me laugh. Each of these are so familiar but I didn't have names for them. I love the names that you attached to each one. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie! I try to keep it light-hearted and fun over here on Sierra's Sarcastic Spot so that everyone may enjoy it. I will definitely keep writing!

      Delete
  3. I love your blog! I look forward to reading what your topic is each time because I know it's going to make me laugh. Each of these are so familiar but I didn't have names for them. I love the names that you attached to each one. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The Everything Bagel"? What kind of reference is that lol. I love this post though, I can think of a prof for every example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's more of a play on words than a reference. It just means they're the whole package. Maybe that would've been a better reference, but I think the everything bagel is funnier, don't you? Thanks Cort!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things

If you've never bought in to anything I've said on this platform, or any platform for that matter, please try and dissolve what I'm about to say.

I'm full of insecurities, always have been. My face is too round. My love handles poke out. Arms are so flabby I could probably fly away. Acne comes and goes and reminds me that I have pores, too. Sometimes my eyebrows look more like stepsisters than twins. Bigfoot and I could share shoes. The mole on my nose isn't always a welcome decoration. Scars from past accidents cover my legs and bring back the memories of learning how to ride a bike. Most days my curls resemble an unruly afro, not the cute kind of Shirley Temple curls I once had.

Lately, my insecurities have consumed me. Every time I looked in the mirror, a frown followed. I tugged and poked at my body for hours. But today, today I woke up and felt new. I was a different person. The person in the mirror was happy, glowing, beautiful. My hair twisted and turned jus…

Planning my Funeral

No, the title is not clickbait, and yes, it is true. Hear me out. I'm not suicidal. I'm not terminally ill, that I know of. But I do know that days are limited here on this precious planet we call home and I've become increasingly aware of that.

I got to thinking a few days ago about my own funeral. Funerals are typically sad situations, and for good reason, yes. But I don't want my funeral to be sad. I'm only nineteen and haven't written a will, and while I don't plan on it any time soon, this is my unofficial, official will. Although, a bit differently. You see, I don't want to tell you what I leave to everyone in my life, I want to tell you what I hope I've left behind. And I want to tell you how I want my celebration of life to be.

First of all, I hope my life had purpose. I don't care what, and not really how either, but I hope I left a legacy. I hope everyone who knew me knew that all I ever wanted was to make them laugh, or smile. I hope …

My Dating Profile

I think it's about time I use my blog to find love, don't you think? Last year I wrote about my top tinder tips (I've linked the blog post in case you're just absolutely DYING to go read more about that) and I think another dating app/profile blog post is long overdue. I have had my fair share of editing, critiquing, and looking at dating profiles, and finding out what works and what doesn't, and I figured the best way to tell you is to show you. I'm going to take you on a tour of MY dating profile, well what it would look like if I had one.




Name: Sierra McKinzy Prince (but you can call me Fresh Prince)

Age: 19, but about to beat teen pregnancy

Celebrity look-a-like: Queen Latifah

Likes: Long naps, tight hugs, seafood (Swedish Fish), Hamilton: An American Musical, tweeting an excessive amount until I physically lose followers, deep conversations about life

Dislikes: the entire premise of the American education system, when a good song comes on in the car right when …