Five Levels of Engagement

In our book "Measure What Matters" by Katie Paine we talked this week about the five levels of engagement from people on your website, blog, or social media platform. I thought I might try and explain this concept by comparing it to the people who have read my blog this semester.

Level 1: "Lurking Lucy"

This is someone who maybe stumbled upon my blog because they googled some of my keywords-"pizza", "Sierra", "Tori Kelly", or perhaps "the best blog ever". If this is you, welcome, why don't you stay a while?

Level 2: "Casual Carl"

These are the people who maybe felt peer pressured to subscribe to this blog when I pushed it more heavily, and now every time they get the email of a new post they just groan. Thanks for sticking around, regardless, I appreciate you subscribing.

Level 3: "Active Adam"

This person actively reads my blogs and likes the post when I put it on Facebook. They aren't super vocal about their admiration for my blog at this point but they're still supportive.

Level 4: "Committed Caspar"

This is the one who reads most of my posts, has subscribed, and sometimes even leaves comments on them, too. You're the greatest, friend!

Level 5: "Loyal Lynn"

Lynn is the real MVP. Constantly reading, liking, commenting, and sharing my posts with all of her friends.

Despite any level of engagement that you may fall under, I am grateful for you. Blogging has become a newfound hobby of mine, one that I may actually be decent at. To have the support of one or many means so much to me. So from Lucy to Lynn, I love you all the same.

Comments

  1. I'm literally laughing out loud. How do you come up with this stuff? You have a natural talent! Keep up the awesome work Sierra!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts