Skip to main content

Keep Calm and Get Ready for Break

Two weeks from today I'll be on my way home for thanksgiving break and I. CANNOT. WAIT. I love being at school and hanging out with all of the wonderful friends I've made, but there truly is no place like home. I've come up with five reasons why I can't wait to go home for Thanksgiving break.


1. Taking a break

Although I'll probably end up doing homework at some point over the break, it will be nice to not think about looming due dates and catch up on some sleep for a bit.

2. Thanksgiving food

I love food, that is not a secret. But thanksgiving food.....oh my goodness. Eating my weight in mashed potatoes sounds like the perfect day right now.

3. Black Friday shopping

One of my favorite parts about break is doing the American tradition of waking up at an ungodly hour and standing in long lines for discounted blankets and socks! It sounds crazy but it's actually really fun, and it has become a tradition in my family.


4. Seeing my hometown friends

I love my college friends, don't get me wrong, but going home to see all of my friends I went to high school with is so special. I love that we've all went separate ways in life but are still able to come back and act like nothing has changed.


5. Spending time with family

My absolute favorite part about going home is spending time with my family. It's nice to be home and laughing like old times with them. There is no better feeling to me. Plus, we usually take a family photo on Thanksgiving and it's always a good time.





Share this if you're as ready for Thanksgiving break as I am. We can get through these next couple of weeks, I know we can! Have a great weekend!!!






Comments

  1. Yes I am so prepared for fall break. Although I will be working most of it, I am so excited to see all of my coworkers! T-minus 11 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The memes on this post make everything better. I am so ready for fall break as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things

If you've never bought in to anything I've said on this platform, or any platform for that matter, please try and dissolve what I'm about to say.

I'm full of insecurities, always have been. My face is too round. My love handles poke out. Arms are so flabby I could probably fly away. Acne comes and goes and reminds me that I have pores, too. Sometimes my eyebrows look more like stepsisters than twins. Bigfoot and I could share shoes. The mole on my nose isn't always a welcome decoration. Scars from past accidents cover my legs and bring back the memories of learning how to ride a bike. Most days my curls resemble an unruly afro, not the cute kind of Shirley Temple curls I once had.

Lately, my insecurities have consumed me. Every time I looked in the mirror, a frown followed. I tugged and poked at my body for hours. But today, today I woke up and felt new. I was a different person. The person in the mirror was happy, glowing, beautiful. My hair twisted and turned jus…

Planning my Funeral

No, the title is not clickbait, and yes, it is true. Hear me out. I'm not suicidal. I'm not terminally ill, that I know of. But I do know that days are limited here on this precious planet we call home and I've become increasingly aware of that.

I got to thinking a few days ago about my own funeral. Funerals are typically sad situations, and for good reason, yes. But I don't want my funeral to be sad. I'm only nineteen and haven't written a will, and while I don't plan on it any time soon, this is my unofficial, official will. Although, a bit differently. You see, I don't want to tell you what I leave to everyone in my life, I want to tell you what I hope I've left behind. And I want to tell you how I want my celebration of life to be.

First of all, I hope my life had purpose. I don't care what, and not really how either, but I hope I left a legacy. I hope everyone who knew me knew that all I ever wanted was to make them laugh, or smile. I hope …

Rush Rho Gam

Two sorority posts back to back, who am I???

Last week on campus we finished up a week of formal recruitment. This year instead of being involved with normal recruitment, I served as a Rho Gamma for my chapter. Being a Rho Gamma means that you de-affiliate from your chapter. During this time I wasn't allowed to wear any letters, affiliated merchandise, or tell people who didn't already know, which chapter I was in. I couldn't also be seen in public with a lot of my friends who were affiliated members, which was the most difficult part.
As a Rho Gamma you get paired up with a floor in one of the residence halls, and help guide the girls on that floor through formal recruitment. I had the honor of having the floor I lived in my freshman year, which was extremely nostalgic and rewarding for me. Every week we would have meetings with these girls, and walk them to rounds on campus, gradually getting to know them and love them. This part of the experience was simultaneously easy…