Measure What MATTERS

We started a new book in class, "Measure What Matters" and this one seems to be all about how to measure your performance on social media. This got me thinking a little about my generation and our social media presence.

Often in this generation we measure our worth based on the number of followers we have, or the number of likes we get on something. It's kind of sad, really. And trust me, I've been guilty of this before. Since when did we get so absorbed in what people think about us, and constantly wanting people to know what we're doing, who we're with, and everything in between? I truly do love social media but sometimes I think we use it for the wrong reasons.

Yesterday I put on Facebook some Sunday food for thought about knowing your worth. I don't know why I felt so compelled to put it on there, but I just felt like someone needed to hear that. Maybe someone reading this needs to hear it today, so I'll reiterate it.

You are worthy. You are wonderful. You are loved, you are so unique. You are the only you that will ever exist, and no one can do it better than you can. You are not a measure of your Instagram likes, or retweets, or Facebook friends, you are SO much more than that.

Have a good night, don't ever forget how special you are.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts