Why I Love Tori Kelly

If you know me at all, you know that I am pretty vocal about my admiration for the angel-on-earth that is Victoria Loren Kelly. I can't exactly pinpoint when this obsession first came about, but it has been semi-full force for quite some time. Last November I had the amazing opportunity to see her perform live in Indianapolis and from there my love for her just blossomed. If you aren't convinced she is the best, or you're just curious as to why I love her so much then keep reading!


Those pipes, girl!

This was probably the first and still most prevalent reason of why I love her. HER VOICE IS SO FLIPPIN' GOOD. Everything she sings sounds effortlessly beautiful and I love it and hate it all at the same time- mostly love, though.

Her faith in Jesus

Although she isn't a Christian singer, she does not hide the fact that she loves the man upstairs, and I applaud her. Throughout her journey in the entertainment industry, her faith has still remained at the forefront and that's so rare but incredible to see these days.

That HAIR!

I have very curly hair and my hair almost never looks like hers. If I had the opportunity to sit down and chat with her, I would tell her so many things, and ask her probably more, but I would 100% ask her to teach me how to style my hair like hers.

She is a lyrical genius

Tori Kelly has some of the most relevant and inspiring lyrics, at least to me. She has a song for every occasion; a jam session in the car, a break-up, a make-up, getting ready in the morning, anything.

These are some of my favorite lines of her songs.

"Baby who knows, maybe I can sell out shows without taking off my clothes. God made me sexy I don't care if only I know." -Unbreakable Smile

"Don't let them tell you you're not, just give it all that you've got, cause you are more than enough, you're something beautiful." -Something Beautiful

"Sometimes you may crawl, let them think that you're small, cause it's so worth the fall when you land where you want to." -Daydream

This post could probably be a mile long, but I'll just leave it at that. If you have never listened to anything by Tori Kelly I linked her YouTube channel so you have no excuses. She is so talented, and so underrated as far as I am concerned.

Comments

  1. Learned something new about TK! Maybe you should tweet her about the hair pointers 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tweet her at least once a day probably with no reply. but maybe one day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts